"Personal Information" means any information in our possession or control that relates directly or indirectly to you (or any other individual) to the extent that you (or such other individual) are identified or identifiable from that information or from other information in our possession.
"Products and Services" means the services, facilities or products offered by Berjaya Hotels & Resorts
"We", "us" or "our" means the Redang Mutiara Beach Resort
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
1.1 What we collect from you
Personal Information we collect about you regards the following: -
- Personal details such as name, identity card number, age, gender, race, nationality, date of birth, address, marital status, telephone number, email address, photo, credit card information and other details
- Lifestyle information such as room preferences and leisure activities, names and ages of children and/of certain sensitive personal information necessary to fulfil special requests (e.g., health conditions that require special room accommodations)
- Details, photos and contact particulars of your family who are your supplementary cardholders, your nominees and guests.
- Other information that are, have been or may be collected by us, or which you provide to us from time to time, in connection with any service, transaction, contest, survey, promotion, questionnaire or communication with us
- Your image and photo, by way of video surveillance installed in some parts of our premises as part of our security infrastructure
- Username, password and other identifiers when you register at our website
- When you visit our website, there is an automatic collection of information about your computer such as IP address, web browser software and other information about your visit.
Certain information requested by us are mandatory which you must provide and agree to the processing of such mandatory information by us, failing which, we will not be able to provide you the relevant Products and Services or information and updates pertaining to the Products.
1.2 How your Personal Information is collected. Information may be collected as part of :-
- Fulfilling reservation or information requests,
- Purchasing products or services,
- Registering for program membership,
- Submitting a job application,
- Responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations),
- When your request us to accommodate your personal preferences,
- Fulfilling requests for services or recommendations we provide you,
- Working with third party sources, including collecting publicly available information from social networking websites,
- Updating your contact information including your address, or
- Facilitating the transmission of forward to a friend email at your request
- From third party sources such as credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and publicly available sources of information
- May also collect non-personal identifiable information about you, such as your use of our website, communication preferences, travel habits, aggregated data relative to your stays, and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
1.3 How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
1.4 Sensitive Personal Data
"Sensitive Personal Data" means any personal data consisting of information as to physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence or any personal data prescribed under law as sensitive personal data.
To facilitate the purposes above and the provision of products and services to you, we may process, use and disclose your Personal Information to the following classes of third parties: -
- third party service providers
- debt collection agencies (in relation to any debt owing by you to us)
- credit reporting agencies
- payment channels, including without limitation, financial institutions for purposes of maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit and facilitating payments due to us
- regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies
- any court of law or any relevant party in connection with any claim or legal proceedings
- our contractors, service providers, consultants, auditors and advisors on a need to know basis
3. ACCESS OR UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us (for e.g., your spouse, children, relatives, nominees, guests or third parties), and as such, as and when such information becomes incorrect or outdated you should correct or update such information by contacting us or submitting fresh information. You confirm that you have the consent or authority to submit Personal Information of your family members, nominees and guests to us.
3.2 You may, by writing to us at the address set out in Section 6 below:
- Request for a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you
- Request to rectify or update your Personal Information
Please provide proof of your identity, address and sufficient information to enable us to identify you when submitting your request to us.
3.3 On receipt of your written request, we may:
- Comply or refuse your request to access or rectify your Personal Information. If we refuse, we will notify you the reasons for such refusal
- Charge a fee for processing your request for access or rectification.
4. HOW TO CONTACT US
Log on to our website www.redangmutiara.com to submit an online enquiry
Write in to us at:
Redang Mutiara Beach Resort
Pantai Peranginan Merang,
Terengganu Darul Iman.